Simply Shera. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lets talk about...failure

Failure is a pretty icky word. No one likes to hear it and no one likes to say it. As for myself, failure has always been one of my biggest fears. Being a perfectionist I hate it when things don't go the way I planned. And to be honest this happens a lot! I have always struggled with self depreciating feelings. I compare myself to much to others but I'm always willing to let them off the hook whereas with myself I can't forgive my mistakes. To often we worry that we will never amount to anything, that we will always be rejected. That we are simply not enough. We get wrapped up in the moment, believing that we cannot go on from here. But here are some people who were thought to be failures, who got shot down and rejected but they didn't give up and today we can hardly imagine what the world would be like without them. They are some of our heroes and inspirations. Yet they, like us, are human, and like us witnessed their fair share of failure.



Just about any movie you watch, every book you read, the hero or heroine has to go through their fair share of failures before the great climax where they finally succeed at their dream. Every superhero falls at some point, but it's how they pick themselves back up that inspires us. It's our failures that shape us, who craft is into the people we are today. It's the way we handle our imperfections that dictates how our stories will go.

xo ~ Shera

No comments:

Post a Comment