Simply Shera. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Hey June..

Once again, I've really been lagging in my blogging! But it's been such a busy month!  Last week I was a counselor at my church's youth camp.  This week I've was sick with pharyngitis and next week I'm leaving again to serve as a counselor for my church's preteen camp.  It was my first time to go back to youth camp as a counselor and I honestly loved it!  I feel so blessed to have been given that opportunity and I sincerely hope I'll be able to go back next year!  I have been serving as a "Shepard" for Preteen Camp since I was 17 and it's always a joy to go back! I look forward to it every summer!
 
Here is some things I've been up to the past month:
I said goodbye to my friend Sarah a couple weeks ago as she is serving in Russia this summer on a mission trip.  A few of us got together for finger doughnuts before she left! I'm missing her already!

I also went to a Ranger's game a couple weeks ago! It was pretty fun even though I'm pretty sure I dozed off in my seat for a little while.
It was my little brother's birthday last month, he turned 13! He lucked out this year with three birthday parties (one with each side of the family and one with just friends.)

Ha! I mentioned last month that I was going to have my hammock put up this month and here it is! (with Luke napping in it!) I'm honestly surprised myself that it happened, all the credit goes to my incredibly handy dad ;)
 
For his Father's Day lunch we went to the China Café. Yummy!

I had a mini StarWars marathon with my brother over the weekend. He had me record them for him on TV (What he doesn't know is, my sister and I ordered him the whole set for his birthday, they just haven't come in yet! He suspects nothing.) Finn watched part of them with us. Above is his expression at the first sighting of Darth Vader. Even he knew that the sith lord was bad news. 
I can't believe he is turning 1 year old! What a stinker ;)
 
This month I am...
Reading: The Pursuit of Holiness  by  Jerry Bridges
Listening to: Paint Me A Picture  by  Aaron Wagner
Planning to: spend a lot of time outdoors!
 
xo ~ Shera

 

No comments:

Post a Comment