Simply Shera. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Jennifer Lawrence's bout with gravity at the Oscars



If you watched the Oscars all the way through to the end on Sunday night then you probably saw Jennifer Lawrence nearly face plant on the stairs as she walked up to accept her Oscar for best lead actress. When I witnessed this event, I was sitting on my couch, wrapped in a blanket and eating the thin mint cookies my family tried to hide from me.

My reaction was one of both a stifled laughter and also a rush of embarrassment for her. And then when Hugh Jackmen ran over to see if she needed help, I "awwed," cause he is just such a gentleman and considered it lucky for her that she had pulled her dress up before walking up those fateful stairs. I wanted to take a moment to just revel in how gracefully she handled it, and how utterly human she proved to be.

Unlike most stars today, Jennifer is incredibly grounded. She doesn't care about conforming to Hollywood's expectations such as being thin. She would rather be a role model for young girls everywhere. She doesn't think about the most eloquent thing to say, instead she says the first thing that pops into her mouth. She is like a real person! Here are some examples:

 
She is pretty much my favorite person of the year. And no I have not seen Silver Linings Playbook yet. And yes, it is at the top of my to-do list for whenever I get a free evening coming up in the distant future.
 
xo ~ Shera

1 comment:

  1. Love her!
    Katie xx
    http://thegravityandshe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete