Simply Shera. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Happy National Pie Day!

In honor of the occasion I made a strawberry and cream pie for the first time!



I got this recipie from my mom! I'm not actually sure where it came from though

Ingredients:
-  pie crust of your choosing
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened 
- 1/3 cup sugar 
- 2 tablespoons milk 
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
- 1 package of fresh strawberries

Directions:
- Bake desired piecrust according to directions and set it aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla extract until smooth. 
- Spoon the filling into the cooled piecrust, spreading it evenly in the shell. 
- Arrange the strawberries, bottoms up, on top of the filling.
-Chill for 1 hour before serving.


I also plan on watching a marathon of my favorite show ever, Pushing Daisies to top off my day!

xo ~ Shera

2 comments:

  1. Holy yumminess! What a great looking pie. I love National Pie Day, or really just an excuse to eat pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! I'm always looking for an excuse to make pie!

    ReplyDelete