Simply Shera. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Birthday time

So Saturday was my birthday, and contrary to prior thought, there was no magical transformation where my youth was sucked out of me. I think that might actually be a gradual process.
Every year I have a little birthday tradition, I wake up and eat bacon and coffee (and whatever else is prepared for breakfast,) then go shopping with my Mom using the Christmas money and gift cards I acquired over the holiday, and eventually I go out to dinner with just my parents to a restaurant of my choosing. This year, we went back to Scrumbtious, a little burger and pie place in Mesquite that is absolutely delicious! Their pieshakes are incredible! I wish I got pictures...

I also squeeze in a little movie time during the day. This year I picked Paris When it Sizzles, because Audrey Hepburn is and will always be my favorite.

I had a wonderful time shopping, here is a peek at my treasures:

 
My family is notorious for being last minute shoppers and late gift givers, so I haven't received any actual presents yet, but my brother did give me $7 in cash so I could "buy my own gift." At least he promised to wrap it. I haven't had a birthday party or cake yet, but hopefully that will be soon when everyone can get together!
 
xo ~ Shera

No comments:

Post a Comment