Simply Shera. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hello November

Do you ever get the feeling that something wonderful is about to happen?  That's kinda how I feel about this November, like something magical might take place. 
Not that it's happened yet, to be honest it's started off as a bit of a drag.  The past few days a feeling of hopelessness has been lingering around, dampening my sense of an effervescent disposition; or my swag, if you will. 

 
Hopelessness isn't a sensation that I have often evaded.  There was a time in my life when it felt that hopelessness was all I knew - or would ever know.  Looking back I know now that wasn't true. I've always been a dreamer, even when my dreams were mostly nightmares; there was always a glimmer of hope. 
 
 
Sometimes it's hard to look ahead, imagine the good that might come from the trials you are facing.  It's not always easy to see the silver lining.  I don't know how anyone could do this without God.  But to quote a favorite song of mine by Florence + the Machine, it's always darkest before the dawn.  It's easier now for me to look ahead for something I can't see.  I guess once you know that things aren't always going to stay the same, staying positive is a little more elementary.

 
I don't consider myself a philosopher or wise by any standards.  These are simply my musings of the moment; things I have been pondering on while watching The Return of the King.  I can honestly say that at this moment I am looking forward.  I'm not sure what for exactly, but I suppose not knowing is part of the fun. 
 
 
I still have hope, hope for something not yet evident to me.  Some may say it's a foolish anticipation; it is certainly getting my expectations up, which is something I dread doing.  But I can't sway the longing for something wonderful.  I don't suppose many people can.  I have faith in the unlikely, that something awe-inspiring is going to take place this month.  It is the month that we celebrate thankfulness after all.  And I can't shake the thought that there will soon be something new to be thankful about.
xo ~ Shera
 

No comments:

Post a Comment