Simply Shera. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Addressing my issue with unrealistic horror films


Tis the Season some say for the creepy, disturbing, deadly, gory, and supernatural flicks that Halloween lovers die for, (pun intended.)  I myself have never really had a taste for these kinds of movies.  Maybe its because I'm a wuss when it comes to horror films, or maybe its because most of them are not very realistic.  I'm serious, this kind of thing usually bothers me.  When Paranormal Activity came out everyone was raving about how awesome it was and I'll admit that it was heart-stopper but it disappointed me because I didn't find it very realistic. 

I'll admit it, I have a weird problem when it comes to horror movies.  I am the only person I know who can't stand unrealistic horror movies.  I'm not even sure why that is.  I guess maybe this is because I have nightmares a lot, and creatively vivid ones at that and so my brain really does not need anymore material to work with.  So maybe it's some kind of unconscious defense mechanism.  But whenever I see some movie with a mutilated clown or razor toothed vampire or giant winged monster from hell, it's just like, give me a break!  That could never happen!  Why would I want to sit through that when I won't learn any useful survival skills?

Give me real life situations, like serial killers, cannibals, stalkers, and murders alike.  Don't ask me why, that is just the way I am.  I love crime shows like Criminal Minds, Law and Order: SVU, Bones and stuff like that.  I prefer a scary movie that is realistic like that.  Or, you know, a musical.


xo ~ Shera

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the sweet words you left on my blog, Shera :)

    Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    Kinsey

    ReplyDelete