Simply Shera. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

What does it mean to give?

What does it really mean to give?  The dictionary defines it as to present voluntarily and without expecting compensation; bestow.

But how many times do we give and expect, even demand, something in return?

I know I often expect compensation for my help and it's not till later that I remember myself.  In this world you are encouraged to think selfishly, to put yourself before others.  Jesus tells us that the first shall be last in heaven.  Jesus is the ultimate giver, giving his life for ours.  I think a lot of people just don't understand what giving really means.  It doesn't mean letting a person walk all over you, it simply means putting someone else's needs above your own.
 
I saw this video the other day and thought it was a wonderful view of what it means to give.  Sevenly is one of my favorite charities and this video they created is simply lovely.


 
I hope this inspires you like it did me.
 
XO - Shera

No comments:

Post a Comment