Simply Shera. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Symphony in Yellow

 
Autumn in one of my favorite times of the year.  Don't believe me?  Just check out my pinterest board I made exclusively for the season.  The leaves change colors, the air gets cooler, (unless you live in Texas like me and have to wait till February for any chilly weather,) and everyone starts decorating for the upcoming holidays and baking yummy autumn treats!  Plus once it starts to get colder (in February) you get to start wearing cozy long sleeves and scarves.  I love scarves.

The only thing I don't appreciate about the start of Fall in the start of classes.  Don't get me wrong, I actually do enjoy college most of the time.  But I hate that feeling of losing my freedom.  You get assignments and deadlines and everything feels so rushed and when that happens I panic.  Fortunately I have Finn to help me with my homework and wake me up at 8 in the morning by biting my toes.



Already it's been such a busy week for me! It's only the second week of classes and I already feel buried with homework. This week has been much better than last week though, except today when I almost missed class because I forgot what time it was at.   I made it though just in time for the roll call.  I was out of breath and in desperate need of some water, but I made it!  So yeah, I'm feeling pretty super about that.
 
Something else has me in a good mood too!  When I went outside I found some yellow leaves in my driveway and it made my day seeing dead vegetation!  Why?  Because its the start of fall people!
 
 
Symphony in Yellow
by Oscar Wilde
 
An omnibus across the bridge
Crawls like a yellow butterfly,
And, here and there, a passer-by
Shows like a little restless midge.
Big barges full of yellow hay
Are moored against the shadowy wharf,
And, like a yellow silken scarf,
The thick fog hangs along the quay.
The yellow leaves begin to fade
And flutter from the Temple elms,
And at my feet the pale green Thames
Lies like a rod of rippled jade.
 
 
I just love that poem :)

XO - Shera

No comments:

Post a Comment