Simply Shera. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Toms: Shoes That Soothe My Sole


 
By now most people have heard of Toms Shoes.  For every pair of shoes you purchase, they send one to a child in need.  Many children in developing countries grow up barefoot. Whether at play, doing chores or going to school, these children are at risk of getting painful cuts or sores on their feet that can become infected.  Another thing is soil-transmitted diseases, which can penetrate the skin through bare feet.  Not to mention many children can not attend school because shoes are often part of the required uniform and therefore they have no way to receive an education.  With a simple pair of shoes, Tom's provides these children with a better chance for life.

 
 
Now Toms also sells sunglasses!  When you buy a pair of Toms glasses, they provide medical treatment, prescription glasses or sight saving surgery to a person in need.  You can read more about it here on their website.
 
Toms shoes are stylish and comfortable.  They are probably some of the most versatile shoes I own!  They have so many different options and colors to choose from!  Plus you can always buy a plain pair and decorate them yourself!   That's how I got my first my first pair when I was in high school.   I was attending a Disciple Now weekend at my church and we had a Toms decorating party.   Everyone started with a pair of basic white toms.  Here is how I painted mine!

They are a little worn now, a little faded, but still cute!  My next pair I got a pair of the ash grey so I could wear them with virtually anything!  And I do, I wear them everywhere!  As you can see from the picture below, I wear them so much that they've started to wear in the toes.

My newest pair I purchased this summer are the red toms.  Red is my favorite color, and these toms add a pop of color to any outfit!
 
 
Aren't they the sweetest?  I also got one the Toms journals, which I also love!  If You don't have a pair of Toms, you should definitely get some!  All shipping is free through 8/27!

XO - Shera
 

No comments:

Post a Comment