Simply Shera. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Hello World

As I am writing this I am also watching Mata Hari for the first time. You may have heard of it, the old black and white movie with Greta Garbo. To be honest I'm not really sure what is going on in this film, (I haven't exactly been giving it my undivided attention.) One of my favorite things to do when I have nothing else to do is watch old movies like these. TCM is probably one of my favorite channels - if not my most favorite. The one thing I can say about this movie is that Greta Garbo is pretty fabulous.
 

I've never blogged before really.  In middle school I had a Xanga if anyone remembers that.  I like to think I've matured a bit since then.  I decided to give blogging another shot after reading some other blogs for some time.  A Beautiful Mess is one of my favorites and I find it particularly inspiring.  I'm always pinning diy tutorials from them on Pinterest (which has become an obsession of mine.)  Now that you know I love old movies, diy, and Pinterest, here are a few more things about me:
My name is Shera.  I know its an unusual name but I often think I'm a bit of an unusual person.  It's pronounced share-ah.  Most people never pronounce it right on the first try, (or the second, or the third...)  I'm 19 years old and currently attending community college.  I live with my grandmother, and enjoy baking, knitting, reading and writing as well as dancing wildly in my room.  I'm sure that is enough to bore most people to death, I ramble on about a lot of things sometimes, I'm also terribly accident prone.
I'm a Christian and I love attending my church where I just finished working this summer as an intern.  I also volunteer in Awana's, Children's church and find myself helping in every other children's activity.  I feel that God has called me to be a Children's Minister.  I know I'm probably one of the least qualified people for that job but I made up my mind a long time ago to follow where He leads no matter what I think about it. 
             I suppose that's enough for now, you'll learn more about me later.
XO - Shera

No comments:

Post a Comment