Simply Shera. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Adventures in baking: Apple Pie Baked in the Apples


I love baking pie, it's one of the things I look forward to most during the holiday season.  Just thinking of baking a pie makes me happy.  My favorite pie to eat is cherry pie, in fact of all the pies I bake its probably the only one I make sure I get a slice or two of.  But I don't like just baking cherry, I like to bake a variety, I just want other people to eat them for me.

I have a confession to make though.  I am ashamed to admit it but a lot of times when I bake pies I use the easy way and buy pie crust and filling and then just make it look pretty, (I require all my pies to look pretty, if they don't then I feel I have failed my mission in life.)  But this year I intend to do things differently and bake them from scratch! 

Apple pie is probably the most loved by the general public. I don't know why but I never liked it growing up. Maybe it was just the way other people baked it, but even when I did, I didn't like it.  (Maybe it was because I didn't make it from scratch -_-)  But then one day, around the time I first discovered Pinterest, I found this recipe.  These little apple pies baked in the apple were so adorable and creative I couldn't resist, I just had to make them!  I pushed aside my aforementioned distaste for apple pies and went straight to the store to buy ingredients for my new experiment.  An hour later and they were ready!


How can you not look at those and then tell me your mouth doesn't water?  But then the real test came.  Just because they looked good didn't mean they would taste good and all my hard work would have been for nothing.  I took my first bite and it was magic.  I like to think of it as an awakening.  Apple pie is good!  Especially if it's baked in an apple. 

XO- Shera

No comments:

Post a Comment